Hosting a Short Term Scientific Mission
Short Term Scientific Missions (STSM) are 5- to 90-day research visits funded by COST Actions. They provide an opportunity for a visiting researcher to access expert knowledge, research equipment, new demographics for social research, and experience the opportunities mobility in research provides. As a host, you would provide access to research space and equipment, network access, and mentoring/training to a visiting researcher. All STSMs should result in a scientific publication and should contribute to the goals of RESTORE.
Hosting a STSM is a great way to cooperate on scientific research, mentor other researchers, and contribute to the goals of RESTORE. STSMs can result in long term cooperation, exceptional scientific findings, and lasting friendships, too.
If you would like to HOST an STSM you may complete this simple one page Hosting Proposal and send it to our STSM manager Michael Burnard (email@example.com). Your information will be shared with potential STSM candidates.
Currently active hosting proposals to be used in the 3rd STSM grant period:
- Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST)
- Zurich University of Applied Sciences (ZHAW), IFM Institute of Facility Management (IFM)
- Universidad Politécnica de Madrid. Escuela Técnica Superior de Edificación (UPM)
- International WELL Building Institute (WELL)
- Cyprus University of Technology (CUT)
- University of Auckland, School of Architecture and Planning (UA, New Zealand)