Ongoing Call for Open Access Publication Grants
Open Access Publication Grants are created to provide financial support to the participants of the COST Action RESTORE in order to facilitate dissemination of a high-quality research content. Open Access licenses and / or expenses can support the purchase, production and direct distribution of publications developed by Action Participants and produced by a renowned publisher.Eligibility criteria:
- Open Access Publication Grants funded by COST Action Restore can only be used to disseminate research outcomes performed by Action Participants that are co-authored by Action Participants representing at least 3 different Participating COST Full Members / COST Cooperating Members.According to the COST Vademecum:
– Action Participant is any person being an Action MC member, an Action MC substitute, an Action MC Observer, a Working Group member or an ad-hoc participant.
– COST Full Members are basically the countries that joined the COST Programme. The 38 COST Members are: Albania, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Republic of Moldova, Montenegro, The Netherlands, The Republic of North Macedonia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom.
– The COST Cooperating Member is Israel.
- To ensure high quality of the publications, the paper must be subjected to a full peer review, i.e. only peer reviewed publications will be considered for funding within this grant.
- Peer reviewed, scientific articles published in scientific journals must provide an acknowledgement of COST and do not require specific branding: “This article is based upon work from COST Action RESTORE CA16114, supported by COST (European Cooperation in Science and Technology)”.
- All publications generated from work performed by Action Participants must include, display and respect the COST corporate identity adhering to the brand guidelines detailed in the COST brand book, available for download at: https://www.cost.eu/visual-identity (COST Vademecum, Section 10, page 39).
- The funds will not be provided before the final acceptance for publication.
How to apply?
To apply for an Open Access Grant within the RESTORE Cost Action (CA16114), please send the following documents (in a single pdf file) to email@example.com. This is an ongoing call that is only constrained by the budget of the Action RESTORE.
- filled Open Access Grant application form (max. 1 page) – RESTORE_Open_Access_Grant_Application;
- the complete draft of the paper;
Please let us know in advance that you are intend to submit a paper that will be potentially OA. This will significantly speed up our internal review process.
Each application will be evaluated by the Editorial Committee of the Action. Please note that this is not going to be the full peer review. The application will be only evaluated in the context of its compatibility with the aims of the RESTORE Action and its Work Packages. Then, if the remaining budget allows to provide funding, it will be submitted for approval by the MC of the Action. Priority will be given to applications that support the objectives of the Working Packages and applicants that are actively involved in RESTORE activities. Please consult the RESTORE website and the RESTORE Memorandum of Understanding for details.
It is expected that each grantee will send a copy of the published paper (in its final published form) to the Communication Manger of the RESTORE Action. It will be then disseminated using the official RESTORE website, social media, etc.
With any further questions please contact Jelena Brajković.