WG4 – Rethinking Technology
Lead: Roberto Lollini Vice Lead: Wilmer Pasut
Commenced March 2019
Keywords: Information Management, Digital, Smart (Buildings, Cities), Production (3D), Nanotechnology, Transportation, Communications and Social Media (regenerative education and learning).
This working group will explore the potential for further implementation of restorative interactive systems and technologies in new and existing buildings by means of the following methods:
- Analysis of the state-of-the-art
- Increasing awareness
- Mentoring of practitioners and professionals
Each of these points will be addressed in a specific task.
Engagement with Industry
Engaging industry partners and promotion of their active participation for rethinking technology aimed at regenerative building indoor environment
Proper technology solution-sets (the gears in the picture) can enable to guarantee a regenerative indoor environment (for people in the building), being resilient against the context dynamics, and with a positive research balance (circular exchange with the natural sources= the earth).
For practical reasons and to enable going into details with the methodological approach, we decided to focus on the indoor environmental quality (IEQ) being the main aspect of the living/working building indoor environment. Regenerative buildings have other feature such as circular management of needed water or other use of energy (e.g. for appliances), etc. that will not be analyzed by WG4. Nevertheless, the same approach we are developing for IEQ could be used for technologies aimed to face with others building functions.
INDICATORS refer to the following area:
- Hygro-thermal comfort
RESTORE WG4 is defining a structured framework to be populated with the most interesting hard and soft technology contributing to regenerative indoor environment in different context.
To populate such structured framework needs technical specifications and description of manufacturing activities, including all the works (and related players) in the supply chain.
BENEFITS FOR INDUSTRY CONTRIBUTOR
- Being in contact with a network of skilled market players (mainly from academic but also from private sector), that can bring to collaborative RTD project ideas or internal technological developments.
- Disseminate information (without explicit advertisement) on specific technology solutions
- Sharing strategic research agenda with a short and mid-term vision
- Logo as market stakeholders in the RESTORE website
REQUESTED COMMITMENT FROM INDUSTRY CONTRIBUTORS
- Formally join the working group, appointing a representative as the person in charge of actively participate to the works
- Provide technical and side information on technology
- Participate to the meetings, workshops and summer school
RESTORE WG4 participants are setting the scene both in term of pre-competitive knowledge framework and organization of the first RESTORE industry workshop. Such workshop has the aim of enhancing active networking and facilitating the exchange of technical specifications and performances of promising Building Technology.
RESTORE INDUSTRY WORKSHOP “Rethinking Technology for enabling regenerative building indoor environment” is taking place during Klimahouse 2020, on January 23, 2020 in Bolzano, Italy.
Further information on the Workshop and Application Forms in EN, IT and DE and be found here!