Deliverables of the Training School ‘Rethinking technologies for regenerative indoor environment’: Find here the solutions developed for the case studies analysed during the Training School. Thanks to all the participants for the huge effort!
Click here for a review on the Training School in Venice.
The agenda for TS WG4 on 2 to 5 December has finally been fixed. More information here !
You may find here the link to register for the TS4 final event on December 5th. Note: Trainees, trainers, CG members don´t need to register !
The International Living Future Institute (ILFI) approves this TS for 16 general LFA credits ! Note: To become a “Living Future Accredited Professional” 36 credits are needed, out of which 16 are “general“, while 20 are the “foundational curriculum”. For further information on how to become LFA please click here.
Open application to Autumn CA16114 RESTORE Training School 2019, Venice (IT), 2-5 December 2019 Deadline: September 15, 2019
Peter Haas / CC BY-SA 3.0
The 4-day Autumn 2019 COST RESTORE Training School “Rethinking technologies for regenerative indoor environment” is open to European professionals, researchers, PhD and master students with relevant skills in one (or more) of the thematic areas: products manufacturing, facility management, design, advisor. Experience and focus on regenerative and sustainable approach are privileged.
The training school will implement a learning-by-doing approach with local case studies, solution-sets evaluation, measurements of indoor environment parameters and administration surveys to understand user’s prospective.
Outcomes: final small project on optimization strategies and best technologies for improving indoor environmental quality and users’ perception while making building more energy efficient.
- 1st day: training on RESTORE principles and restorative technologies+ presentation of case studies
- 2nd day: training on techniques to asses a restorative environment+ measurement + parallel working on final project
- 3rd day: keynote speaker on regenerative economy and social impact + parallel working on the final project
- 4th day: parallel working on final project + project presentations in a plenary session
Tentative list of short inspirational lectures:
- KPIs for a regenerative environment and thresholds;
- Effect of climatic, cultural and social context on users’ expectation;
- Sets of technologies for a regenerative building;
- LCA approach to support technology selection;
- Monitoring techniques, data collection, surveys and post-processing
- Best practice: examples of regenerative buildings
- The social impact of a regenerative building
- Toward a regenerative economy
Any interested applicant is required to demonstrate experience and competence in some of the above-mentioned topics (professional or research experience). The participants will be organized in teams, hence in the application, please refer to your area of expertise (e.g. construction, facility management, procurement, second life).
The applicants will participate in the school activities from the 2nd to the 5th of December.
The 25 selected trainees will benefit of a Trainee Grant. This grant will cover the travel, accommodation and expenses up to 640€ for the four days. IUAV University of Venice will be the host institution for the event. The meeting rooms for the event will be at IUAV University, Dorsoduro 2196, 30123 Venice.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to the RESTORE Training School 2019, please send the following documents (in a single pdf file) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A cover letter briefly introducing yourself, any previous sustainability experience and why you want to attend (max one page)
- How you will benefit from the TS and disseminate learning through education or awareness sessions within your own institute or countries (max one page).
- Your CV (max 2 pages)
- Eventually a portfolio (max 2 pages)
Proposals will be collected until deadline. The Selection Committee will evaluate them based on the following criteria.
|1||Previous experience in IEQ evaluation, technology for highly efficient buildings; environmental, social and economic impact of construction products||1 to 10||70%|
|2||Reasons for the applicant to participate in Training School and benefits of the Training School for the applicant||1 to 10||20%|
|3||Plan to disseminate the findings of the Training School||1 to 10||10%|
Application opened: 8th of August 2019
Applications submission Deadline: 15th of September 2019
Confirmation to the selected Trainees: 30th of September 2019
Deadline for e-Cost registration and confirmation: 18th of October 2019
Training School Days: 2, 3, 4, 5 of December.
Venezia Università IUAV Di Venezia, Palazzo Badoer (Room E, Second floor), Calle Della Lacca 2468, 30125 San Polo, Venice, Italy
Further detail on the best ways to reach Venice and where to stay will be provided.